Player Sponsorship Program
It's the most wonderful time of the year - the Premier Ultimate League Player Sponsorship Program! Let's go!!
February 21: Complete the PSP Team Input Google Doc (first page).
February 21: Final design submission must be received (sent to Jess (firstname.lastname@example.org)). VIP: See "PSP Design" below for more information.
February 22-28: Reply to any VC design emails within 24 hours maximum. In order to get all 12 teams ready for the PSP, we will need near-immediate feedback on designs concepts.
March 1: Confirm your final PSP jersey design.
March 5: Send VC your confirmed and final roster via the PSP Team Input Google Doc (on your team's tab).
We understand that changes may be made to your rosters after this deadline, but we cannot promise that they will be included in the PSP launch.
March 5: Player photos due.
March 8 @ 4pm ET: Launch time!!
March 11: VC will provide you with an update regarding the number of sponsorships left per player on your team.
March 13: Let VC know if you'd like to adjust the quantity of any of your remaining player sponsorships.
March 15 @ 4pm ET: Player Sponsorship Programs ends!
March 16-May 2: Production, quality control and fulfillment.
PSP jerseys will be on a rolling production schedule based on teams' first home games dates of 4/23, 4/30 and 5/7. These are target dates and not ship date commitments; production will be prioritizing team uniforms (PUL's and other customers) and requires flexibility on the PSP delivery schedule.
You can trust we'll do our very best to ship as quickly as possible.
May 2-9: Public "ship by" date.
Please upload your team photos in this Google Drive.
All player photos must meet these standards: jpeg, 1024px x1024px, max file size of 500kb, and all should be headshots, facing the camera, with a consistent style.
Save each player's headshot with the file name "PlayerfirstnamePlayerlastnameNumber" (example: AdrianaWithers7.jpeg).
IMPORTANT! Please have at least one other person check your team's form for spelling accuracy. There was an error in a submitted name in 2020, and the team had to replace 4 sponsor jerseys at their cost.
We cannot use any other photo size or file format in our system. We suggest sourcing a team resource to help with any formatting requests if required.
VC will provide promotional materials and launch messaging for you to use, but be sure to have your own social media plan and a newsletter drafted to be released to all of your contacts exactly at launch time.
New for 2022
- Tanks & Long Sleeves: Sponsors will be able to chose between a tank, a long sleeve and a short sleeve jersey.
- Sliding Scale: In an effort to be more accessible to more community members, a sliding scale will be available for every PSP sale. Sponsors will be offered the option to purchase jerseys for $80, $150 or $220.
- Raffle Tickets: Understanding that $80 is still prohibitive to many folks, we are offering raffle tickets for $25 each. Raffle tickets will be available in each team's shop; winner receive a PSP jersey of their choice – any player from any team! Odds of winning depends on total tickets sold; we will draw a jersey winner for every 10 ticket sold (i.e. 20 tickets sold = 2 draws, 50 tickets sold = 5 draws, etc)
- Limited Edition PSP Hats + Raffle Tickets: Each team's shop will also offer potential sponsors raffle the bundle option of a raffle ticket and a special PSP-patched hat ($45 for a ticket + a meshback hat, $50 for a ticket + a five panel hat).
Max per team: 7x (players + coaches)… production won’t be able to handle more than that unless we increase timeline again.
Min per team: Really, this is the team’s choice. 1x (players + coaches)
Q: Can everyone just say 7 and go from there? Adjust after?
- No… This creates a lot more work for our team to adjust on a team by team basis, which we’ve offered to do once but that’s as much extra work we can safely commit to.
- Production capacity is “hoping” that there’s an average of 4/player, which is a manageable volume for us to handle on top of regular business and PUL uniforms.
- It is also worth noting that selling out is good for players who haven’t sold out yet!
- The entire reason we’re going with 7 was to balance the fact that some players wanted 1 (ie to relieve the pressure of having to sell out).
Publicizing the PSP
We think it’s important to make sure all teams realize that this is YOUR fundraiser. We’re doing our best to facilitate/coach based on our experience, but the success comes from it being Of/From/For the players. Given the size of the fundraiser, we’d suggest this being a huge focus for teams and the league to have plans for.
- VC will provide “web mocks” for each team – 3D front/back images of each jersey.
- VC will provide 1 promo image for each team – front/back of jersey, nice background, PSP logo
- VC will provide some images for PUL-wide promotion including all PSP jerseys
VC doesn’t have video capacity at this time but would LOVE to share/use anything PUL or the team can come up with, and we can provide the source files from the images/promos above to help.
Q: Will the jersey designs be pre-released/promo-ed on social media prior to the March 8th Launch?
It is our strong preference that the league decides together on a roll-out plan for pre-promotion and launch so that everyone is on the same page.
We're here to help and provide feedback - of course! - but getting all teams on the same page, and that being OK with the league, will be much better handled centrally.
VC opinion: Teaser images/videos on the 4th/5th/6th (from teams and the league), and a pre-launch hype blast on the 7th. Then organized GO at 4pm ET on the 8th - all together now!!
If your team has a reduced roster, you can have more sponsorships per player - up to the same as a 30 player roster would have.
- Team-produced images/videos hyping the PSP (Bonesaw would be a GREAT resource here)
- League-produced images/videos
- Launch posting plan
- Launch newsletter set
- Daily posting plan
- Day 3 newsletter update
- Thank You plans: posts, newsletters
Social Tags: #PSP2022 #premierultimateleague #(teamname) #vcultimate
PSP Design Submission
- Colours: List top, middle and bottom colour
- Standard: we will replace the red/white/blue crest with the team logo - if you have more than one and have a preference, please specify.
- Full PUL logo on one sleeve, PSP logo on other sleeve.
- VC logo on back nape of neck, 3" wide.
- Team Name on the front. we will replace by your team's logo - if you have more than one and have a preference, please specify.
- Small text: we can change/add text with team location (City, State) as per the example and you suggestions. Be specific.
- Pattern: we can add a tone-on-tone contrast of a design element (stars, stripes, any other aspect from your current jersey) on the lower portion of the jersey. OR add a line of text/slogan on the lower back of jersey. Be specific.